Union Center Registration Information

Registration Packet

Frequently Asked Questions…

Q: What do I need to bring in to register my child(ren)?

A: 1. 2 proofs of residency, documentation that shows you live in Union Township

(driver’s license, utility bill, mortgage papers, lease agreement)

2. Original birth certificate (we will make a copy)

3. Immunization records

Q: I don’t have a utility bill in my name because I am living in a household that I do not own.

A: You will need to fill out a Residency Affidavit Form at our Central Office. You will need to go to Central Office with one of the homeowners and provide the following:

Homeowner will need to provide 2 proofs of residency and you will need to bring in your driver’s license. Any questions, or to set up a time, you can call our Central Office at 219-759-2531.

Q: Do I need to bring the student records from previous school?

A: No. We will send a fax requesting your child’s records. You just need to provide us with the name of previous school.

Q: I am new to UCE, can I visit the school and meet my child's teacher?

A: If you call ahead, we welcome new families and are happy to show off our school. A guided tour will be provided by someone in our office. A teacher may be introduced if classes are finalized and the student'steacher is assigned.

Q: What would the textbook rental fees be for my child(ren)?

A: You can see our most recent textbook fees by grade level by clicking the UCE Textbook Link. (Note: these fees are pro-rated based upon student start date.)