Welcome to the Home School Advisor Webpage!
Please visit the information pages above for specific information including helpful resources, important links and forms, Bullying Information, transportation and attendance information.
As the Home School Advisor, my responsibility is to serve as the “link” between home and school. We are all aware that in order for our children to thrive, educators and parents need to work in unison. I assist students, parents, and teachers in a variety of ways. I communicate with staff and parents regarding information and concerns. Please keep us informed of any concern you have regarding your child.
As the home school advisor my responsibilities vary everyday! A home school advisor can:
- Help students develop a positive attitude toward school and learning.
- Support student development of positive relationships with peers and teachers.
- Help students improve various social skills, such as coping strategies and friendship skills.
- Help students cope with personal concerns, school-related problems, home and family concerns, and any other issue that may interfere with a child's ability to focus on learning.
- Assist with the implementation and development of our school-wide Postive Behavior Program.
- Teach classes surrounding responsibility, respect, and safety.
- Implement a school-wide Anti-Bullying Prevention Program.
- Be a liason for parents, teachers, and students to ensure we are all working together to support student success.
- Be a resource for parents to answer any questions or provide contact information for outside resources.
- Plan and implement a variety of programs and activities to enhance the personal, social, and emotional development of students.
Transportation and Attendance
School-wide responsibilities include supervision of buses and assistance with bus arrival and dismissal. I also monitor attendance daily. We all know that a child’s attendance has a direct impact on his/her education and success in school. Please call off your child everyday that they are absent. Unreported absences are considered unexcused. I keep track of all absences and notify parents with phone calls and letters.
We also reward classes with the best attendance monthly, and individual students by semester, as well as at the end of the year! I want the children and parents of John Simatovich School to know I am here for you. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns that you may have.